Sunday, February 05, 2006

Dreams

Dreams

Dreams are your other life,
yet so many let them lie
discarded on the bedroom floor.

Collect your dreams,
gather them,
learn from them,
remember them.

They come from deep within your being.

Heed them,
laugh with them,
cry with them,
but do not ignore them.

Dreams are an opportunity
to be with friends far away,
to be with once more
loved ones who have gone beyond.
To play again
children’s games we loved so well.
To climb that old tree once more
and stroll a far off country lane.

Dreams are the ships that sail us home again.

Have you ever dreamed so vividly
that you cannot tell
what is real and what is not?
Chances are it’s an opportunity
to mend old fences,
to forgive,
to say once more,
I love you, dear.

Do not push your dreams aside
as if they’re worthless
subconscious rambles
when, in fact,
they teach you things about yourself
that you did not even know.
Dream on, my friends,
but pay attention
to the messages they bring.
May your dreams be filled with joy,
with laughter, and with love.
And if you want to dream of me,
that’s okay—
I often dream of you.

Vi Jones
©February 3, 2006

4 Comments:

At 10:39 AM, Blogger Believer said...

How often you seem to speak my own thoughts. Thank you for doing it so beautifully and eloquently.

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

Your on fire Vi. This is a very powerful reminder to embrace dreams.

 
At 7:55 AM, Blogger Vi Jones said...

Thank you both for your positive comments. Although they don't always make sense, I truly believe that there are messages in our dreams. Do you have a favorite dream? I have one that stands out from all the others--so vivid was it that when I awakened I didn't know where I was. Has that ever happened to anyone else?

Vi

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

I agree with Heather on this. Yes, Vi, and they say that the dreams are possibly more true than life, but they take a lot of making friends with, in my opinion. I definitely think these things are important and I think your dream is important, too;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home