Saturday, February 04, 2006

Thank God for Answered Prayers

The Reality

I have a permanent disability from polio and have always used crutches. In July of 2004 I had a serious fall and injured both good and bad legs from the knees down and broke the ankle on my bad leg. It was four months before I was able to return to work. As I began to recover, I had this dream.

The Dream

"Help me please."

An elderly woman, white-haired and frail holds out her arms and pleads with me to help her transfer from wheel chair to bed. It takes all the strength I have to lift her and ease her into the bed.

"My arms, they ache so," a second woman whimpers. She looks exactly like the first.

I don't know what I can do to help, so I stroke her face and whisper, "Hush, Dear Heart, we'll pray and you'll feel better soon."

A third woman waits for me, mirror image of the other two. She leans around the corner into the room where both women now sleep and says,"It's hard to get old."

"It's too much," I think. I am mentally and physically exhausted. "I can't take care of three old women. As my eyes fill with tears the women shimmer into a single image and the face and body become mine.

The Lesson

When I awake, I'm not depressed. I've put the old women to bed and I can restart my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home