Monday, January 23, 2006

Rummage Fitz 4-5

The Gully

There are lots of unrequited dreams,
fond allusions, pet delusions …
that I could toss on the refuse heap --

but why should I clutter up other minds
that might stumble across this drivel?

Better I find some cerebral gully
in which to toss this stuff --
you know, erosion control --
to protect from a flood of memories.

.................................

Dusty Attic

I'm not really afraid of
cobwebs and scurrying smalls,
and find fascination in the dust-mote dancing
in light-shafts allowed by my waterproof shingles.

Yet I avoid rummaging in the attic of my mind
because of the work involved
in sorting out my procrastination --
"I was going to answer that letter,"
a package hid -- never given …

2 Comments:

At 10:56 PM, Blogger le Enchanteur said...

I do love your Fitz's Ken. Attics of the mind really captures my imagination. I am thinking of finding a good set of draws and will begin doing some sorting.

 
At 2:10 AM, Blogger Janie Hart said...

Hello faucon,

Can we talk some more about procrastination? But perhaps a little later, for there is some clutter that I need to transfer from one part of my house to another. :-)

'But why should I clutter up other minds..' Hmm. Interesting. Worth reflecting on. Good one.

Janie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home