Saturday, January 21, 2006

Rummage Fitz 2-3

My Heart - A Chest of Drawers

Between the entrancement of,
"In the land of make believe -- you love me,"
and "There are houses on a hill top;"
is the need primordial to 'sort things out'.

If mothers taught us well, by example,
it will be a process more regular than spring cleaning,
and follow rules of the heart instead of mind.

……..

We have spoken of moldy boxes
and Genii Bottles,
for we are what we have been --
that prepares us to learn anew.

Yet there's 'what you are doing right now',
the most important part --
that requires ready access,
and a bit of tidiness,
best kept within your chest;
where heart can be your Mother.

3 Comments:

At 3:11 PM, Blogger le Enchanteur said...

This is a really fresh perspective Ken.

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger Janie Hart said...

I like the concept of the heart being the mother. I've been musing upon the concept of 'self mothering' for a couple of years now, and have not considered the heart as an option (until now).

Janie

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger Leonie Bryant said...

Faucon,
How beautifully you express some enlightening thoughts for me. I like what you have said.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home