Monday, January 16, 2006

DREAM PULSE

I think I posted this on another blog,
but am loosing the ability to keep track.

faucon
......................................................................................

DREAM PULSE

There is a soft moment, a timeless infinity
In which deep sleep has surely escaped,
but distracting demands of the day's agenda
do not lay full claim on my serenity.

A dream forms there, bubbling up from myriad thoughts,
and disjointed infusion of mixed senses
and hidden fears, and a giddy rush of Passion.
I welcome this unraveling of mental knots.

But a dream cannot be commanded or forced
into a desired mold, driven by our feeble
attempts to control a world born in chaos.
Come, come. I pray my vain management be lost.

What if a dream could smile?
Would my drifting thoughts turn to love's caring embrace,
or fragrant, breeze blown blooms that wave to passing clouds,
or warm heart bread and grapes heavy on the vine?
Perhaps a laugh or two would change my somber face.

What if a dream could sing?
Would I recall that long elusive melody,
you know the one, from a special moment past,
where I promised that it would be 'our song'.
Better yet, give me any distracting symphony.



What if a dream could weep?
Would it stroke fine memories of friendship lost,
or the vast sweep of humanity's destruction?
Or would crystal tears drop on petals of blossoms
that on a grave of wasted efforts were tossed?

What if a dream could play?
Would it dash with me to a playground swing;
back to innocence - forward to heaven's climb?
Or would that we spin on that small carousel
where it takes planned help to friendship bring?

The sun is on the sill, and birds are live it seems.
I arise to choice between full Internet file
and filling of self with food and center'd prayer,
I only wish that in the dawn I had found some dreams.

2 Comments:

At 4:45 PM, Blogger Will Powers said...

beautifully said...

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger le Enchanteur said...

I agree with Will. This is a beautifully crafted piece faucon. If some of my dreams were to music it would be like those films where there is music that builds up a sense of drama coming.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home